Re: website draft 4, help wanted

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: website draft 4, help wanted
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 15:27:56 +0200

On vr, 2009-07-03 at 14:41 -0700, Graham Percival wrote:

> Here it is:
> http://percival-music.ca/blogfiles/out/lilypond-general_1.html#Home

Okay, so this is starting to be really great.

Now, I know you have not been spending too much work on the slick looks
side of things, but do we have volunteers who are willing and able to
make this look slick/crisp/attractive?  I feel we really need to
present ourselves in a more attractive/eye-pleasing candy way.

Just by accident I looked upon Valentin's page, if only we would
be able to steel the header images/gradient and possibly put nicely
rounded tabs into the bottom of that header gradient
[CSS stealing suggestion: http://tinto-taal.nl ] and also steal
other rounded stuff?

Also, Valentin's page uses two nice basic colours, light blue-ish
and dark-greenish.

A lot of [very important] work on content and structure has been
done and discussed about, I'd really like to see some work/proposals/
discussions on how the site could look/feel, looking through your
eyelashes.

AvatarĀ®: http://AvatarAcademy.nl    | http://lilypond.org