ANN: LilyPondTool 2.12.848 BETA

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: ANN: LilyPondTool 2.12.848 BETA
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 11:43:51 +0200

Dear LilyPonders,

especially for those, who like being on the cutting edge, and for the
kind localisers, I created a Beta release of the new LilyPondTool.
I don't want to release it to the plugin central as there are some work
left (like localizing) and I need you to try this, to let me fine-tune
before I officially release this.

This release is the most important one in the last 3 years, because at
last I managed to implement some features, that were originally planned
for 2005, but couldn't yet do.

This release is called LilyPondTool 2.12.848, as this is compatible with
the LilyPond 2.12 release, and contains Revision 848 of LilyPondTool.
This will be the new versioning scheme. But this is not so interesting.
What is interesting, is the two new features of LilyPondTool:

- Virtual Piano with chords on keyboards and MIDI input support
- Dockable PDF viewer

The Virtual Piano is available if you set docked to Top (or Bottom) in
Utilities > Global options > Docking (in the official release there will
be a menu item for this)

There were lots of other changes, I just can't enumerate. Lot of work
has been done to improve stability, usability and overall experience.

Download it from

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lily4jedit/files/lily4jedit/lily4jedit-2.12.848.zip

It contains a jars and a modes folder, so just unzip it to your .jedit
settings folder.

If you find problems or places of enhancement, please let me know. I'm
planning to release to the plugin central in 2 weeks.

Thanks,

Bert