Multiple stanzas in some places only

From: Holger Hellebro
Subject: Multiple stanzas in some places only
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 12:46:09 +0200

Hi

I'm struggling to get the lyrics right for a piece that for the most part has only one line of lyrics, but in one place (i.e. not in the beginning) there is a repeat and I need two stanzas of lyrics there. Is there any convenient way of doing this? I have experimented with something like

    \addlyrics { \words << \sfirst \ssecond >> }

where \words are the lyrics for the first part of the piece and the \sfirst and \ssecond are the lyrics for the two stanzas. Of course, this doesn't work, but I believe it may illustrate what I'm trying to achieve. I've looked through the documentation without luck, but any pointers would be welcome in case I've just missed it.

I suppose it's possible to have two stanzas for the complete piece and have a lot of spaces (_) in the second stanza, but I'm hoping there's a more convenient way of doing it.

Many thanks,

Holger