Re: add-grace-properties in TabVoice context

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: add-grace-properties in TabVoice context
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 19:56:29 +0200

Neil Puttock schrieb:
2009/7/3 Marc Hohl <address@hidden>:

Programmierfehler: cannot find context:
Fortsetzung, die Daumen drücken
TabVoiceProgrammierfehler: cannot find context:
Fortsetzung, die Daumen drücken
TabVoiceVorverarbeitung der grafischen Elemente...
Solving 1 page-breaking chunks...[1: 1 pages]

Hmm, some rather poor formatting for this programming error: the
context string is further down the log since it's not part of the
error string.

Ah, I see.
1) Apparently I made some mistakes, but I don't understand the error
messages.

The error comes from the Voice context in your snippet, since it can't
find a TabVoice to apply the setting to. Try this instead:

#(add-grace-property 'Voice 'TabNoteHead 'font-size -4)

Because TabVoice is an alias of Voice, the 'font-size setting will be
applied correctly, but ignored in any Voice contexts.
This explains why it worked correctly when I copied the example
from the lsr - thanks for the clarification.
2) Can I automatize the function call so that the user doesn't have to call
 add-grace-property in every new TabVoice?
 I tried to put this in a layout block, but
 \layout {
    \context {
       \TabStaff
       #(add-grace-property 'TabVoice 'TabNoteHead 'font-size -4)
 gives an error message.

You can't put functions inside a context definition.

I'd suggest making this part of the default grace settings by adding
the override directly to graceSettings and make-voice-props-set.
Ok, I think this should be included in a patch when the tablature features
are ready to be published.

Thanks again for your explanations!

Marc
Regards,