Re: LilyPondTool 2.12.848 BETA

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: LilyPondTool 2.12.848 BETA
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 12:07:49 +0200

Francisco Vila wrote:
2009/7/8 Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool) <address@hidden>:

2- The "reverse  Point and Click" works well inside a page but it would be
great if the page of the pdf viewer scroll automatically when the caret
change to a note belonging to an another page.
(Ok, i don't know if it is a limitation of this Beta release because i
didn't test this featurein the previous version: very usefull !).

No, it's a performance limitation. If I want to jump to the right page, I
need to decode ALL of the pages when opening/reloading the file. It would
take a lot of time. So I only decode the actual page. Perhaps it could be a
separate function (in a later release): you click on "find position in PDF",
then it finds the caret position. Could you file an enhancement request on
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/lily4jedit? Thanks.

In my installation, the blue box still follows the caret as if it were
in the corresponding page, but the page view does not change, so the
blue box points to phantom noteheads.

Hm. That may happen, if the page has already been decoded (at least once opened). Still, this is annoying and highlight the possibility of turning to the right page as well. I'l look into it if I manage to get a multiple page pdf. (You can send me if you feel like that :-))