Re: Bass clarinet fingering chart

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Re: Bass clarinet fingering chart
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 08:37:06 -0400

I think that is EXCELLENT and certainly prettier than mine.
    Which one to use depends which ones would serve the needs of a particular score/chart better.  Some performers prefer less information w/ a textual description (ie play the G# key) whereas others prefer the graphical representation that has more information (ghosted figures) but a clearer representation of what goes where.  I think that a good thing to do would be to merge the two and create a text/graphical switch as an argument to the markup.  But when the merge happens (and when other instruments wind up being made), I would say use yours as a template – it looks amazing!

Cheers,
~Mike