Re: string-lines

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: string-lines
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 21:27:37 +0100

2009/7/9 Jonathan Kulp <address@hidden>:
> Thanks for the help, Neil. I've added a snippet showing this feature to LSR
> here:
>
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=616

Very nice. :)

If you want to add a version, it's best to comment it out though.

> A TODO is to turn it into a scheme function whereby you could just type
> something like \stringNumberSpanner "5" to set all of these parameters:

If you don't mind setting it before using \startTextSpan, you could
use a music function with a minimal amount of Scheme.

> Right now each string number in the snippet has its own definition, which is
> not very elegant.  I just got a Scheme programming language book for my
> birthday (yeah!) so maybe this will be my first project. :)

Heh, I think I need one too, though I thoroughly recommend this guide
as a starting point:

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/t-y-scheme/t-y-scheme.html

Regards,
Neil