Re: new website draft 5: help wanted, I mean it

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: new website draft 5: help wanted, I mean it
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 02:41:17 -0700

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 11:37:15AM +0200, Valentin Villenave wrote:
> 2009/7/10 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> > There's now an Examples section, thanks to Jonathan Kulp.
> > - currently, most examples have a "click-to-expand" thing.  Some
> >  of them don't work expanded, others don't work non-expanded.
> >  But there's enough working stuff for you to get the idea.
>
> Although I'm not fond of JavaScript, I think the solution here is
> called thickbox:
> http://jquery.com/demo/thickbox/

No javascript.  Besides, the display isn't the issue; what's at
issue is generating the images in an automatic, system-independent
way.  (as in "not what's in the current makefile and examples/ dir")

> > More importantly, we need help.  I recently re-iterated my claim
> > that the lilypond community should have the
> > program/bugs/documentation/website they deserve, but currently
> > this isn't happening -- Patrick and I have spent a ton of time and
> > effort on this website.
>
> I am probably familiar enough with the texinfo and CSS syntax to give
> you guys a hand. For instance, I should be able to handle the blinking
> "Help wanted" boxes (this looks sooo 1996 btw).

That's deliberate.  We had to specially look up how to make it
blink.  My specific instructions were "make it as ugly as
possible".

We want to "handle" the help wanted stuff by doing the required
work.

Cheers,
- Graham