Re: basic questions

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: basic questions
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 07:59:19 -0700 (PDT)

Peter Buhr wrote:
> 1. The low E in the scale is too close to the treble clef. The C
>   ledger-line touches the clef. I tried to move the scale to the
>   right by inserting "s1" at the start; however, no change
>   occurred in the output. I don't understand why there is no
>   change. If I put a hidden note in place of the "s1", it does
>   what I want. So what is the best way to push the notes to the
>   right to fix this problem?

That is very odd to my eye. It looks like a \cadenzaOn bug, but
I've learned to be very hesitant in calling something a bug. I'll
look into it.

> 2. I tried to change the font-name and font-size for the lyrics
>   (guitar form-numbers).
>
>       \override Lyrics #'font-name = #"times"
>       \override Lyrics #'font-size = #-2
>
>   However, I don't know the grob name. What is the correct name?
>   Or maybe I'm not doing this right at all!

\override Lyrics . LyricText #'font-name = #"times"
\override Lyrics . LyricText #'font-size = #-2

The space around the period is needed, see the last paragraph here:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/user/lilypond/File-structure

> May I make a small suggestion (and it may already be done).
> Someplace in the LilyPond manual, there needs to be a list of all
> the grob names and what they do.

Documentation Index
  > Internals Reference
    > 3. Backend