Re: new website draft 5: help wanted, I mean it

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: new website draft 5: help wanted, I mean it
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:21:17 -0700

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 2:41 AM, Graham
Percival<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 11:37:15AM +0200, Valentin Villenave wrote:
>> 2009/7/10 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
>> > There's now an Examples section, thanks to Jonathan Kulp.
>> > - currently, most examples have a "click-to-expand" thing.  Some
>> >  of them don't work expanded, others don't work non-expanded.
>> >  But there's enough working stuff for you to get the idea.
>>
>> Although I'm not fond of JavaScript, I think the solution here is
>> called thickbox:
>> http://jquery.com/demo/thickbox/
>
> No javascript.  Besides, the display isn't the issue; what's at
> issue is generating the images in an automatic, system-independent
> way.  (as in "not what's in the current makefile and examples/ dir")

Well, we're already using (very simple) JavaScript to clear the search
box upon focus, so I think this is okay.  And I know we want
Reinhold's AJAX search box for the docs, and that also involves
scripting...

Valentin, I've never used jquery before, but if you can implement
this, and the site is still functional with scripting *disabled*, then
I think we should definitely use it.

Thanks,
Patrick