Re: new website draft 5: help wanted, I mean it

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: new website draft 5: help wanted, I mean it
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:37:27 -0700

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 2:37 AM, Valentin
Villenave<address@hidden> wrote:

> I am probably familiar enough with the texinfo and CSS syntax to give
> you guys a hand. For instance, I should be able to handle the blinking
> "Help wanted" boxes (this looks sooo 1996 btw).

:-)

Yeah, that was intentional.

> The sub(sub)menus are still a little bit confusing (for instance when
> you click on "manuals"). But I think this is just a look-and-feel
> issue, not a structural problem.

Yes, I'm out of ideas for submenu "look and feel".

When you look at the CSS, you'll see that the submenus are
painstakingly positioned.  A change for one position value or
dimension value might throw the entire placement off, or might disrupt
cross-browser compatibility.  So, be careful!  :-)

If you can find better colors for the boxes and submenu that would be
great.  As you can tell, the idea is to link the colors of the boxes
to the appropriate piece of the submenu, as well as to create
*contrast* between the boxes.  But the color scheme should still
"blend", IMO.

Thanks,
Patrick