Re: new website draft 5: help wanted, I mean it

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: new website draft 5: help wanted, I mean it
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:27:05 -0700

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 12:21:17PM -0700, Patrick McCarty wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 2:41 AM, Graham
> Percival<address@hidden> wrote:
> >> Although I'm not fond of JavaScript, I think the solution here is
> >> called thickbox:
> >> http://jquery.com/demo/thickbox/
> >
> > No javascript.  Besides, the display isn't the issue; what's at
> > issue is generating the images in an automatic, system-independent
> > way.  (as in "not what's in the current makefile and examples/ dir")
>
> Valentin, I've never used jquery before, but if you can implement
> this, and the site is still functional with scripting *disabled*, then
> I think we should definitely use it.

Ok, but the important questions still remain:
1.  Do we want to display *different* images after a click, or just
*expanded* images?
2.  Is this an important feature?  (if so, we can't use
javascript)
3.  Who's going to create the .ly files, write the makefile, etc?

If the first two answers are "no, no", then I'll do the third.

Cheers,
- Graham