Re: new website draft 5: help wanted, I mean it

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: new website draft 5: help wanted, I mean it
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 10:48:41 -0500

On Jul 11, 2009, at 1:02 AM, John Mandereau wrote:

2009/7/11 Tim McNamara <address@hidden>:
How about something like Drupal? Or do you not want to make editing the Web
site that direct?

It's not in the culture of Lily authors and most current contributors,
and they are
too busy with other development issue to be willing to spend the
effort of discovering
it, but if somebody came and seriously offered to move (more precisely organize moving of) the web site to Drupal and maintain it, we could consider it.\

Sorry, John, I meant to send that to the list and not to you personally. I keep forgetting that the reply-to header is not set to the list.

I will look into what's involved with this and, if it seems reasonable, make a proposal. I've never set up a site with Drupal but have used them from the client side. Seems like it ought to be a reasonable option and would take some pressure off. OTOH it can result in too many cooks in the kitchen, so that must be considered as well.

I've managed a few Web sites back when I had a server here at home and still have a defunct one out on the Web (http:// www.andreasenforcongress.org which will show you my KISS tendencies; I've also got another at http:www/frostybobs.org but am having trouble with GoDaddy's URL forwarding for some reason- it works for the other site but not this one- so that site is 404 currently).

CSS is not my strong point, I'd have to refresh my knowledge on this.