Re: Tweaking ties in single staff polyphony

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Tweaking ties in single staff polyphony
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:06:19 +0100

Patrick Schmidt wrote Tuesday, July 14, 2009 3:44 PM

how can I tweak the form of a tie in one voice in order to avoid a collision of the tie with the notes of another voice of a single staff polyphony? I do not merely want to move the tie position but bend the tie to almost achieve a
semicircle above the noteheads of the other voice.

Hi Patrick

This is discussed in section 5.5.4 of the Notation Reference, under
Modifying ties and slurs.

Trevor