RE: guitar guide-mark

From: Nick Payne
Subject: RE: guitar guide-mark
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 21:14:00 +1000

I'm used to seeing the movement you describe notated as a line between the
two fingering indications, which I fake with a shifted glissando with
truncated ends:

%===========================================================
guide = #(define-music-function (parser location padleft padright) (number?
number?)
        #{
                \once \override Glissando #'bound-details #'left #'padding =
#$padleft
                \once \override Glissando #'bound-details #'right #'padding
= #$padright
        #})

\relative c' {
        \override Fingering #'staff-padding = #'()
        \guide #1 #1 d'2-2-\tweak #'extra-offset #'(0 . 1.7)\glissando c-2
}

Nick