Re: Re: different lyrics with different alternatives

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Re: different lyrics with different alternatives
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 15:05:04 +0200

This is expected when you mix the repeat structure with variables and
the top score structure. What I suggested is to open new voice blocks
without touching the top repeat structure. You don't really need
variables to do this, and I talked about voice names, not variable
names. More below.

2009/7/16 胡海鹏 - Hu Haipeng <address@hidden>:
> Thank you for your advice. I ever read this in NR, but wasn't sure whether
> it works. Now again the example. I don't know whether the variables are
> correct, but it really can't work! The error is unexpected \alternative,
> perhaps because I assigned it to another voice.

\alternative has to go after a repeat, into the same variable
definition, I think.

> \version "2.13.3"
>
>   musica = \relative c' {
>     \clef treble \time 4/4
>
>     \repeat volta 2 {
>     c4 d e f | g a b c | d c b a |
>     }
>   }

Correct but what I proposed was

\repeat volta 2 {
        \new Voice ="repeatedBlock" {
          c4 d e f | g a b c | d c b a |  }
}

>   musicb = \relative c'' {
>
>   \alternative {

Impossible, gives a syntax error.

>   lyrica = \lyricmode {
>
>     do re mi fa sol la si do re do si la
>   }
>
>   lyricb = \lyricmode {
>     see dee yee ef gee eigh bee see dee see bee eigh
>   }
>
>   lyricc = \lyricmode {
>     sol gee gee eigh bee see eigh gee ef yee dee see
>   }

Correct.

>   \score {
>     \new Staff {
>     \new Voice = "repeat" <<
>       \musica
>       \new Lyrics = "one" \lyricsto "repeat" \lyrica

Here you are putting lyrics contexts into a voice context. Do something like

\score { <<
  \new Staff { whole music }
  \new Lyrics \lyricsto "repeatedBlock" { first instance of lyrics }
  \new Lyrics \lyricsto "repeatedBlock" { second instance of lyrics }
  \new Lyrics \lyricsto "alternateBlock" { lyrics for the alternative }
  \new Lyrics \lyricsto "alternateBlock" { second lyrics for the alternative }

etc

}  %score

  --
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)