slurDown ignored?

From: Leonardo Herrera
Subject: slurDown ignored?
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 18:53:08 -0400

Hi all,

I have a question: why the \slurDown instruction is ignored in the
following snippet?

\version "2.12.2"
\paper{ ragged-right=##t }

\relative c' {
        \clef treble
        \key des \major
        \time 9/8

        <<
                {
                        % \slurDown is ignored
                        \stemDown  \slurDown des2.  ~ des4.
                }
                \\
                {
                        \stemUp f8[f ges] f8[bes f]  ees8[f ees] ~

By the way, I'm typesetting Debussy's Clair de Lune to teach myself
Lilypond _and_ music notation, and oh boy I've been in a ride. I have
set up a Google code repository [1] in case you are interested.

Regards,
--
Leonardo Herrera
mailto:address@hidden