Re: Moving an espressivo sign

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Moving an espressivo sign
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 16:56:23 +0200

Josh Nichols wrote:
I am trying to move the espressivo sign down below the staff in the following example:

\version "2.12.2"
\relative c'' {
           c4_\espressivo a8 a b g
}

Pardon?
It is below the staff here for me... If you want to increase the distance to the staff, you can use
        \override Voice . Script #'padding = #whatYouWantInStaffSpace

But: Why does this work? I've found some other mail about it, but according to what I understand from http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/Script#Script this property should be called 'staff-padding, and 'padding doesn't exist at all. Am I wrong here or is this a bug in the IR?

Cheers,
Alexander