Re: 2.13.3 docs emacs mode documentation AU 2.2.1 out of date?

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: 2.13.3 docs emacs mode documentation AU 2.2.1 out of date?
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 09:11:58 -0400

To clarify, replace everything between the " " with the exact syntax and spelling of your site-lisp directory. I just realized that bold and italic may show up on some people's system as * * and extra / /

David

David Stocker wrote:
Paul,

Are you using Linux or Windows XP?

After you install LilyPond, you'll have all the files you need for lilypond-mode to work right there in your installation directory. You'll just need to tell Emacs where to locate them.

In your .emacs.d directory you'll need a file called "init.el" It may already be present. If it's not, create it.

In that file, past the following lines:

(setq load-path (append (list (expand-file-name "*//home/david/lilypond/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/*")) load-path))

(autoload 'LilyPond-mode "lilypond-mode" "LilyPond Editing Mode" t)
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.ly$" . LilyPond-mode))
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.ily$" . LilyPond-mode))
(add-hook 'LilyPond-mode-hook (lambda () (turn-on-font-lock)))

I've bolded and italicized the path to my lilypond-mode files. Change them to in your init.el to point to the location of yours and you should be all set.

Hope that helps,

David

Paul Scott wrote: