Re: Staff change in a chord

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Staff change in a chord
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 11:37:52 -0700 (PDT)

Alexander Kobel wrote:
> Ah, I think you mean something like this?
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/input/lsr/lilypond-snippets/Keyboards#Indicating-cross_002dstaff-chords-with-arpeggio-bracket
>

> I know the L-shaped form, too; probably one can adapt the
> solution from the snippet above and cut out a piece of the
> bracket... But yeah, sounds like work...

I was looking at that, but ultimately, I don't think that will be
good enough. What happens if the user wants to use a hand
distribution bracket in the middle of an actual arpeggio?

That's what I mean when I say "abusing" commands. I don't think we
should get in the habit of doing things like using \arpeggio when
we really mean \rightHandBracket (or whatever we'll end up calling
it).

I'm working on a function to try to address this.
- Mark