Re: Staff change in a chord

From: Oscar van Eijk
Subject: Re: Staff change in a chord
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 09:25:20 +0200

Hi all,

Thank u all for your answers.
I'll go for Alexander's solution. Indeed not the most beautiful one in the code, but the result is exactly what I want.

Oscar

On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 20:21 +0200, Alexander Kobel wrote:
Oscar van Eijk wrote:
> I've attached an snippet that shows a bit what I need (it's the same bar
> twice); the triplets in the left hand are connected to a chord, but the
> highest notes are played by the right hand.
> Adding a staff change in the triplets is no problem (see the second
> bar), but that won't work in a chord: [...]
> Is there any way to achieve this? [...]

Hi, Oscar,

I don't think this is possible inside the chord; however, there is a way
using an additional voice on the upper staff. Which is semantically ugly
as hell, but well... ;-)

I attach my solution; note that you probably have to manually adjust the
tuplet number positions for kneed beams and set the ignore-collisions
property for noise-free compilation, or use (not my preferred look) the
stemUp-variant for the last note of the tuplets.
For more information, look at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Common-notation-for-keyboards#Cross_002dstaff-stems
and
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/input/lsr/lilypond-snippets/Simultaneous-notes.html#Simultaneous-notes