Re: Move only one markup at the same place

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Move only one markup at the same place
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 12:09:43 +0200

Mark Polesky wrote:
Alexander Kobel wrote:

By the way - is there a way to output all (current or default) known properties of an object? Like \dump-properties Voice . Slur? This would be a _really_ useful thingie to have...

If you just want to print stuff to the console, you can do this:

#(use-modules (ice-9 pretty-print))

{
\once \override Slur #'before-line-breaking = #(lambda (grob) (pretty-print (ly:grob-basic-properties grob)))
  c''( d'')
}

Otherwise, lose the pretty-print and manipulate things internally
as needed.

Very nice, and super useful! Thanks a lot!
(And I think this is definitely worth mentioning in NR 5.3.1 or NR 6. At least, I haven't seen it there so far.)

Still I'm stuck with my problem from the other thread, didn't get useful information for this - I shamelessly plug it in here: ;-)

% TODO:
% How to vertically align the dashes from the second bar at position
% 3 above the staff?
% (By default, outside-staff-padding seems to be somehow cumulative
% to the default position.)

\relative c''' {
  \override Voice . Script #'outside-staff-priority = #1
  \override Voice . Script #'outside-staff-padding = #3

Alexander