Re: text with \musicglyph

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: text with \musicglyph
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:30:11 -0400

Try this:

\mark
\markup
\line
\general-align #Y #CENTER {
 \bold \large "D.S. al"
 \musicglyph #"scripts.varcoda"
}

and see if that does what you want. You can make life easier by doing:

varCoda = {
 \mark
 \markup
 \line
 \general-align #Y #CENTER {
   \bold \large "D.S. al"
   \musicglyph #"scripts.varcoda"

and then just doing \varCoda whenever you need to use that sign. And, adding some \hspace before the varcoda glyph will help with the spacing.

See B.8.2 Align in the documentation:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/user/lilypond/Align#Align

HTH,

David

Gilles Sadowski wrote:
Hi.

...and I'm not getting entirely what I need. The varcoda sign is too low and too close to the preceding text. I've been searching through the docs to find a solution and have not yet come across what I need.

Ideas?

Try fiddling with
  \raise #1.0
and \hspace #1.0