Right block to contain setting of print-first-page-number

From: Richard Sabey
Subject: Right block to contain setting of print-first-page-number
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 21:39:46 +0000

I am trying to lay out a book containing 5 songs. There is a \bookpart block for the title page, then a \bookpart block for each song. There is no explicit \book block. How do I get page numbers on all pages, including the first page for each song, except the title page? I have tried setting

    print-first-page-number    = ##t

successively in two places, but to no avail. The two places I tried were:
* in the \layout block in the \score block in each song's \bookpart block.
* in a \paper block in each song's \bookpart block.

What is the right place to put it?

I am using Lilypond version 2.12.2 on Windows XP.

Windows Live Messenger: Happy 10-Year Anniversary—get free winks and emoticons. Get Them Now