Re: \arpeggioArrowUp across staves

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: \arpeggioArrowUp across staves
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 22:01:17 -0700 (PDT)

Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> I've tried every combination of \arpeggioArrowUp, connectArpeggios, and/or
> arpeggio-direction to get a squiggly arpeggio with an upward arrow that
> spans both staves of a PianoStaff, but nothing seems to work.
>
> Is it possible?  I'm looking at the arpeggio examples in 1.3.3 as a guide.

Yes, but this is tricky enough that I think something should be
added to the docs. Maybe when I have some time I can do that, but
in the meantime, here's the solution:

- Mark

\new PianoStaff \relative c'' <<
  \set PianoStaff.connectArpeggios = ##t
  \new Staff {
    \override PianoStaff.Arpeggio #'arpeggio-direction = #UP
    <c e g c>4\arpeggio
  }
  \new Staff {
    \clef bass