Re: markup and bar number

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: markup and bar number
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 16:22:06 +0200

Alexandros Droseltis wrote:
Hello!

If I use markup at the last note of a bar and the next bar has a bar
number appearing, then the bar number appears above the text of markup.
If I raise the text in markup, then the bar number is raised
automatically too. How could I put the markup text above the bar number?

Hi, Alexandros.

Bar numbers are created at score level, so usually everything's above all staff-level stuff. But you can remove the Bar_number_engraver from the score, add it to the topmost staff, and fiddle around with the 'outside-staff-priority of the markups:

\new Score \with {
  \remove Bar_number_engraver
}{
  <<
    \new Staff \with {
      \consists Bar_number_engraver
    } \relative c''{
      \override Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility = #'#(#f #t #t)
      \set Score.currentBarNumber = #66
      \bar ""
      \partial 8 f8-\tweak #'outside-staff-priority #1000 ^\markup{Text} |
      f f f f c c c c
      \bar "||"

HTH,
Alexander