Re: last line does not break

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: last line does not break
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 17:20:20 +0200

I've removed system-count and now it works.
I don't know why I thought that system-count allowed to set the number of systems for each page..

Instead, it sets the number of systems for the entire score. Right?

But I still have the error message:
warning: cannot find line breaking that satisfies constraints

Graham Percival wrote:
Have you tried adding barline checks |   ? This really sounds like
you have a messed up rhythm somewhere, which will throw the line
breaking out the window.

yes, I have the bar line checks
but...
now I've checked with my eyes and I noticed an error in the low voice

the time is 4/4 and I had:  g2  a  e1 |
so why lilypond did not tell me about this error?

also, is this line correct? (I'm not sure about the brackets)
it is displayed correctly anyway..

< g d'\2 g >2 \times 2/3 { \context TabVoice \once \override Slur #'control-points = #'((1 . 4.8) (2.6 . 5.8) (4.2 . 5.8) (5.8 . 4.8)) { fs'8( g fs) } e8 d \break |

Anyway, I think the bars are correct.
There's another possible reason for the error message above?

-- Federico

P.S.
Does anybody know if Frescobaldi supports bar checking?
(I guess not, but I ask)

I used to use jEdit - which has bar checking for sure - but since some weeks I can't launch it anymore. When I see "run local script" on the splash icon, it keeps on loading forever.
And I have to stop java in my system monitor.

I use Ubuntu Jaunty..