Re: First Lilypond Score

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: First Lilypond Score
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 17:26:04 -0700

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 12:21:49PM -0700, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> slurs - I had a lot of "cannot end slur" problems early on, evidently
> because I was trying to end a slur in a different voice (which isn't a
> problem in Finale).

This seems to be a sufficiently common misunderstanding.
Jonathan: please add a @warning at the top of NR 1.3.2 Slurs.

> internals reference- I found myself going into the internals reference
> way too often.  Of course this is a good thing in order to gain more
> control over one's score, but a lot of it was wasting time, for example:
> spending 10 minutes to build and test a macro to flip a tuplet position
> when \tupletUp & \tupletDown already exist.

err... are you suggesting that NR 1.2.1 Ties was hard to find?  Or
that the link to NR 5.4.2 Directions and placement wasn't
suffcient visible?  Or that LM 4.4.2 was misleading?

Cheers,
- Graham