Re: website: why do you use lilypond?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: website: why do you use lilypond?
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 19:04:24 +0200

2009/8/1 David Raleigh Arnold <address@hidden>:
> Some cartoons would not be amiss.  At "bug reports" a delighted
> frog nailing a bug with a loooooong tongue, and under "downloads"
> some happy people being handed boxes off of the back of a truck, you
> get the idea.

This idea has been rejected in the past (see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2007-09/msg00212.html)

Back then I created a cartoonish music-note character as a joke:
http://valentin.villenave.info/lilypond/sketchbook/lilypond.png
I still use it every now and then on the unofficial LilyPond community
website, lilynet.net .

2009/8/1 Federico Bruni <address@hidden>:
> Maybe, it could be helpful adding a short *video introduction* showing how
> it works.
> BTW, have you (Lilypond community) ever thought about recording some
> *screencasts*?

I have been developing some screencasts (in French, but an English
version is planned as well). It is, indeed, a great way of getting
started.

Then again, I think this would belong on lilynet.net more than on
lilypond.org (actually, this is one of the reasons why I opened
lilynet in the first place).
If/when such material appears on lilynet, I am sure we can provide the
newbies with visible links on lilypond.org .

Regards,
Valentin