Re: ties across voices

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: ties across voices
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 21:55:11 +0200

Op zaterdag 01 augustus 2009, schreef Patrick Schmidt:
> how can I tie a note of one voice to a note of another voice?

There is no easy way to do just that (afaict, other than placing the Tie-
Engraver in the Staff context?), but most times I fiddle a bit with voiceOne,
voiceTwo etc. This is one solution:

<<
  {
    \times 2/3 { es8 d c_~ }
    \voiceTwo
    <c es>2
    \voiceOne
    f4
  }
  \\ {
    g,4
    \voiceOne
    bes'2
    \voiceTwo
    d4
  }

The tie is now just in the same Voice, but by using some \voiceOne and
\voiceTwo commands, they swap direction at the tie point.

The underscore before the tie forces it down.

best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--
Frescobaldi, LilyPond editor for KDE: http://www.frescobaldi.org/