Re: website: why do you use lilypond?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: website: why do you use lilypond?
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 20:50:52 -0700

On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 06:27:25PM +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
> Graham Percival wrote:
>
>> Also, can you improve any examples?  I mean, the Goyescas /
>
> I'd be really glad to help with the tablature example.
> I think a modern piece would be better in this case, as tablature are
> used by modern guitarists.
> What about a Scott Joplin ragtime arranged for guitar? (it is in the
> public domain)

As long as it's in public domain, great!

> I guess a good example should show the best features of tablature
> support in Lilypond.. There are any other requirements?

- at most one system
- the image will be condensed to 600 pixels or so (I can't
  remember the exact number), so I'd recommend 2-4 bars.  It's
  kind-of up to you -- the more horizontal material you have,
  the smaller the resulting font size will be.
- you can use whatever tweaks, ugly input files, etc. as you want.

Please send the example to Jonathan.

Cheers,
- Graham