Re: tie over time signature

From: Jonathan Wilkes
Subject: Re: tie over time signature
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 21:16:42 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Sun, 8/2/09, James E. Bailey <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: James E. Bailey <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: tie over time signature
> To: "Jonathan Wilkes" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 5:26 AM
>

> On 02.08.2009, at 05:04, Jonathan Wilkes
> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> In
> the following, the tie is drawn through the time
> signature.
> \relative
> c'' { b b
> b b~  \time 5/4       b2.
> b2    }
> Is
> there any way to get the tie to be transparent where it
> collides with the
> time signature?
> Thanks,Jonathan

> this is addressed in the Learning Manual under
> "Real music example"
>  James
> E. Bailey

Hi James,
     Thanks, but in that example the tie is just moved.  I suppose that's
a workable solution for my minimal example, but won't work for something
like:

\relative c'' {
        b b b <e d b g>~
        \time 5/4
        <e d b g>2. b2
        }

I noticed the tie/timesignature collision listed as Issue# 409
on the buglist, so does this mean this type of selective
transparency in a tie isn't possible?

-Jonathan