Re: chord slides

From: Patrick Schmidt
Subject: Re: chord slides
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 10:24:53 +0200

Trevor,

thank you very much for your solution. I managed to achieve what I wanted
without fully understanding of what's going on. Here's the code:

\version "2.13.3"
\relative c' {
 \new Staff  <<
   \new Voice = "visible" {
     e,16[ e
     \once \override Glissando #'minimum-length = #5
     \once \override Glissando #'springs-and-rods =
#ly:spanner::set-spacing-rods
     \once \override Glissando #'thickness = #2
     % glissando is attached to b' & c'
     <e' b' e>\glissando <f c' f>]
   }
   \new Voice = "hidden1" {
     s s
     \hideNotes
     % attach glissando to note heads
     \once \override Glissando #'thickness = #2
     e\glissando f
   }
   \new Voice = "hidden2" {
     s s
     \hideNotes
     % attach glissando to note heads
     \once \override Glissando #'thickness = #2
     b\glissando c

As you told me I added another hidden voice. It confuses me that the second
hidden voice ("hidden2") has to come last even though it's a middle voice. If I
place "hidden2" before "hidden1" then I don't get a glissando from e1 to f1.

> You have to set the beams manually, which
> means the start and end notes of the beam
> must be in the same voice, hence the spacer
> notes in the example below.
I didn't understand why the spacer notes in the hidden voices are needed.
Didn't you set the beams manually in the "visible" voice?

>From my point of view it would be more intuitive if it were possible to set
>glissandi in chords just the way ties are set, e.g.:
 <c e g>\glissando<d fis a>
resulting in one glssando mark for each voice.

But this is probably hard to program and would cause many other code changes ...

Cheers,
Patrick

-------- Original-Nachricht --------