Re: chord slides

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: chord slides
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 12:26:21 +0100

Patrick Schmidt wrote Monday, August 03, 2009 9:24 AM

thank you very much for your solution. I managed to achieve what I wanted without fully understanding of what's going on. Here's the code:

\version "2.13.3"
\relative c' {
\new Staff  <<
  \new Voice = "visible" {
    e,16[ e
    \once \override Glissando #'minimum-length = #5
\once \override Glissando #'springs-and-rods = #ly:spanner::set-spacing-rods
    \once \override Glissando #'thickness = #2
    % glissando is attached to b' & c'
    <e' b' e>\glissando <f c' f>]
  }
  \new Voice = "hidden1" {
    s s
    \hideNotes
    % attach glissando to note heads
    \once \override Glissando #'thickness = #2
    e\glissando f
  }
  \new Voice = "hidden2" {
    s s
    \hideNotes
    % attach glissando to note heads
    \once \override Glissando #'thickness = #2
    b\glissando c

As you told me I added another hidden voice.
It confuses me that the second hidden voice
("hidden2") has to come last even though it's
a middle voice. If I place "hidden2" before
"hidden1" then I don't get a glissando from
e1 to f1.

You can see why if you comment out the \hideNotes
so the notes are visible - the notes of "hidden1"
are in the wrong octave if you place "hidden2"
before "hidden1".  You just need to add a comma.
This works:

[...]
    e,\glissando f  %****** comma added here

Trevor