Re: website: why do you use lilypond?

From: Tim Rowe
Subject: Re: website: why do you use lilypond?
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 14:42:41 +0100

2009/8/1 Federico Bruni <address@hidden>:

> I'd be really glad to help with the tablature example.
> I think a modern piece would be better in this case, as tablature are used
> by modern guitarists.
> What about a Scott Joplin ragtime arranged for guitar? (it is in the public
> domain)
>
> I guess a good example should show the best features of tablature support in
> Lilypond.. There are any other requirements?

Scott Joplin rags may be public domain, but are any guitar
arrangements of them? Or were you offering to do one?

I think what the example could do with, in order to show off Lilypond,
is fingering and some things like hammer-ons, pull-offs, harmonics,
bends and so on (probably not *all* of those in one example), which
does suggest something more modern than Bach.

--
Tim Rowe