Re: "anchors" in the music stream?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: "anchors" in the music stream?
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 16:58:28 +0200

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
Would it be technically feasible/possible to establish a system of
"anchors" instead?

This would be indeed a great feature!
Reminds me of the GOTO command in BASIC! ;-)

Seriously, I seem to recall that I proposed this feature some 11-12 years ago and at that Han-Wen at that time answered with a "No!!!" (I don't remember any details and this was long before we started using mailing list archives).

One alternative way to achieve the same thing is to simply do a
global =
{
 \time 4/4 s4*4*10
 \time 3/4 s4*3*5