Re: French accents

From: Tim Rowe
Subject: Re: French accents
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 18:25:41 +0100

2009/8/2 Graham Norton <address@hidden>:
> Dear All,
>
> The Unicodes are available from TeXShop > Edit > Special Characters (in MaC
> OS).

And on a PC, Charmap is your friend (installed with all recent
versions of Windows I've used, although not always easy to find --
Start | Run and type "charmap" should do the trick).

Just make sure your editor is set to save in UTF8. I had a score
involving some Central European characters that was driving me crazy
until I realised that what jEdit was saving wasn't what I saw on the
screen because I had the wrong encoding selected!

--
Tim Rowe