Dot getting divorced on dotted note

From: nick . payne
Subject: Dot getting divorced on dotted note
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 17:13:31 +0930

I'm setting a piece in three voices (guitar arrangement of Schubert's song Ständchen). The problem is that when the top voice has a dotted chord that results in the notes being offset left/right of the stem, this results in the dot on the note in the bass voice getting separated from the note. This snippet shows the problem. I know I can use \override #'extra-offset to move the dot, which is what I have been doing, but is this expected behaviour or a bug? I couldn't find anything in the documentation mentioning this.

\version "2.13.3"
\relative c' {
\time 3/4
<<