Re: Decreasing font size of chord name root note

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Decreasing font size of chord name root note
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 10:39:11 -0500

On Aug 8, 2009, at 8:11 AM, Akira wrote:

Please look at ->
http://picasaweb.google.co.jp/Lilypondakira/ Lilypond#5367578175183729026

Root name of chord ("/F", "/D") is so large that I can't recognize
what is chord name or what is root note, so I want to decrease font
size of chord name root note.

I also want to change "/F" to "on F".

In your example, what you are wanting to do is non-standard nomenclature. "C/F" is the normal way to write a slash chord with all the characters being the same size. "ConF" is going to confuse the heck out of people trying to play your music, although if you are the only one that is going to be using your music then you can certainly do whatever you want.

You seem to be wanting to write the bass note as a subscript or superscript. You'd maybe be able to do this by creating a "chord exceptions" file defining this and then /include in your .ly file to get the results you desire.

Good luck!