Re: \context for named Staff

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: \context for named Staff
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 16:03:43 -0400

Hi Jay (et al.):

Attached is a patch which adds "SmallStaff" to engraver-init.ly.
Everywhere that \accepts "Staff" was used I just added \accepts
"SmallStaff". Let me know if this looks good.

Just a small point: has anyone confirmed that -3 is a "standard" magstep? 1. When looking at hand-engraved models, what measurements (proportions) are common? [I would do the research myself, but I'm touring right now, and so am not near my score library.]
2. Do any of Ross etc. offer specifics?

Obviously, one can adjust SmallStaff to suit individual taste, but it would be nice to start with a good default.

Cheers,
Kieren.