Re: Decrescendo

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: Decrescendo
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 00:06:15 +0200

I'd like to make the decrescendo to start after the treble clef's "<c
e, c>4.", so that it starts from the bass line's "<c g e>8".
So it actually should not start from the "d,,16(" but instead one
chord before it for the bass clef.
The starting position for it should be bass clef's chord "<c g e>8".

How do I tell to Lilypond to make this happen? I've already tried
"^\>" in the bass clef but it doesn't work.
Using invisible rests is not an option as it affects other notes.

Thanks,

Olli

Hello,

Can you provide the actual lilypond code you used that was unsuccessful? What you've described should work, so perhaps there's something that's preventing the output you want.

James E. Bailey