Re: wrong type argument

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: wrong type argument
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 14:14:05 +0200

Stefan Thomas wrote:
Dear community,
when compiling my most recent score, I get an strange error message, taht I don't understand. And I don't get any output!

Hi, Stefan,

I'm afraid it's nearly impossible to get an idea of what's going on as long as we can't see your input file. If you're allowed to, please send the complete file, or - even better! - try to break down the error to some specific part of the input.

For example, the
warning: transposition by bis makes alteration larger than double
most probably means there is some alteration requested by the transposition which cannot be displayed (triple sharp or triple flat / Dreifachkreuz oder Dreifach-B, für die es keine Symbole gibt).
This thread:
        http://www.nabble.com/Transpose-Command-td24358311.html
or this snippet (quite flexible general solution, but more complicated as well):

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/input/lsr/lilypond-snippets/Pitches#Transposing-pitches-with-minimum-accidentals-_0028_0022Smart_0022-transpose_0029
might help.

warning: cannot find or create new `Dynamics'
warning: cannot find or create new `Pedal'
No idea about this, though... I have to have a look at the file for this one.

Cheers,
Alexander