Re: hiding the tempo

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: hiding the tempo
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 10:38:51 -0500

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Jonathan Kulp <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:09 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I would like to set the tempo for the MIDI file, but not display
the tempo information at the beginning of the score. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Denis

Yes, you can set it in the \midi block, although the format is a bit more convoluted. Here's an example where the quarter is set to 160 beats per minute:

\midi {
  \context {
    \Score
    tempoWholesPerMinute = #(ly:make-moment 160 4)

HTH,

Jon

BTW I should have pointed you to the right spot in Notation Reference as well:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-big-page#MIDI-block

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com