Re: non overriding \clefs

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: non overriding \clefs
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 18:24:02 +0200

On 10.08.2009, at 17:47, address@hidden wrote:

Hi,

if I start a score with \clef treble \clef bass,
I only get the bass \clef. Is it possible to have both appear,
one after the other, even though there is no note for the treble \clef?

Thanks,

Denis

On a single staff, one after the other, before the key signature and time signature? For that, you'll have to use markup. If you mean you want the treble clef to appear at the beginning, before the key signature and time signature, and then a bass clef, a spacer rest and funny math should work.

\version "2.12.2"

{
   \clef treble
   \key c \minor
   \time 3/4
   s4*3/4
   \clef bass
   b as g
}

{
   \override Staff.Clef #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
   \override Staff.Clef #'text = \markup {
      \raise #-2.0 {\musicglyph #"clefs.G"}
      \raise #0.0 {\musicglyph #"clefs.F"}
      \hspace #0.1