Re: Very small question about jEdit & LilyPondTool

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Very small question about jEdit & LilyPondTool
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 11:36:45 -0700 (PDT)

MonAmiPierrot wrote:

> as I have an italian keyboard/system in windows XP, I believe I don't have a
> key for character "~". Is there a way to set it in a dead key in jEdit?
> Help me please with my ligatures, or I'll live forever in a "staccato"
> world!!!

Piero,

Save the following one-line file as Insert_Tilde.bsh in your
/.jedit/macros directory:

textArea.setSelectedText("~");

Go to: Utilities > Global Options > jEdit > Shortcuts

In the Filter field, you can start typing "Insert Tilde" to
help you find it in the list of commands. Click in the
"Primary shortcut" cell for "Insert Tilde". In the box that
opens up, press a dead key that you'd like to be associated
with it. It'll tell you if it's already being used (best not
to override any active keys). You can also use key-combos,
but it's better to find a single key (like F4 or whatever).
Click OK and try it in a file.

Let me know if it works.
- Mark