Re: new website draft 8: almost giving up

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: new website draft 8: almost giving up
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 20:34:55 -0700

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 10:32:33AM -0700, MonAmiPierrot wrote:

> - the top note in the download page should be bigger, blood red, blinking
> and should grab the user by the face and oblige him to read it. It's just
> too important. And it should not say "please", but just "If you do not know
> what is a batch parser, JUST READ THIS CAREFULLY before doing anything
> else". Better to scare 10 very unwilling (and unlikely really interested)
> users than frustrating ONE otherwise good-willing one.

I'd rather not make that trade-off.  I think the warnings are
clear enough as they are... let's wait and see how many confused
people we get in the six months after the new website becomes the
main one.  If we still have frustrated potential users who didn't
realize this, we can revisit the visibility of the warning.

Cheers,
- Graham