Re: staves with example notes, ancient and modern

From: Denis . Roegel
Subject: Re: staves with example notes, ancient and modern
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:39:54 +0200

I would like to reproduce the first two staves of the section "Note  values"
on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mensural_notation, with the label
on the left. That is, I am trying to make

 Modern         ... staff ...
 notation         (possibly with the note names)

 White notation ... staff ...
                 (with the note names)

This is a rather general request. What is it that is giving you  difficulty?

Hi, perhaps I wasn't totally clear. I can get the two staves, but I want
the texts "Modern notation" and "White notation" on the left,
as well as an alignment of the notes. I wasn't sure about the best way
to achieve this, either by a LaTeX tabular, or internally in lilypond.

Have you started? Do you have some experience with lilypond? Have you read the Learning Manual?

I have read some material and have typeset a Mozart sonata, as well
as several 16th century mensural pieces. I am currently working
on a very small project, and I have only a few things to do. All my
music is already typeset, but I want to annotate a few items.