Re: new website non-git help

From: Chris Snyder
Subject: Re: new website non-git help
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:51:07 -0400

Andrew Hawryluk wrote:
> Could we add a link in the first paragraph to the (upcoming) essay?
> Perhaps on the words "beautifully engraved music". The essay was a
> prominent feature of the previous web design, and says a lot about the
> attention to detail that goes into LilyPond.

I'd like to see the essay prominently featured in the new design as
well. When I first found LilyPond, reading the essay changed my reaction
from the initial "Great! I found open-source engraving software that
will be useful." to "Damn! LilyPond looks better than any of its
competitors, including the expensive ones. These people know what
they're doing."

Perhaps one place for a link to the essay could be right under the
"Excellent classical engraving" subheading near the top of the Features
page: "Read more: The LilyPond philosophy"

Glancing at the Features page, I also just noticed a typo under
"Excellent support:" s/documetation/documentation/

-Chris

--
Chris Snyder
Adoro Music Publishing