Re: new website draft 8: almost giving up

From: Joseph Wakeling
Subject: Re: new website draft 8: almost giving up
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 17:43:42 +0100

Graham Percival wrote:
> Make sure you check out the alternate CSS style #2.  This has
> fancy gradient-shaded menu bars, which could be a great hit.  It's
> /much/ easier to see which item you have selected.  If you like
> it, make sure you let us know, so that it can be added to the
> default layout.

The gradients look nice, but not the brown.  It's not so much that brown
is wrong per se as that it doesn't fit with the colours of the rest of
the page -- the green (style 1) main menu bar is much more harmonious.
(I also think that green fits nicely with the living nature oriented
theme that springs to mind when one thinks of lilies on a pond: green is
right for plants and water, whereas brown is for the earth:-)

I don't know if green-with-gradient would work, though, because that
might clash with the slower gradient of the fading green background on
the top left (the one with the little musical extract in white).