Re: website menus: gradient vs. solid

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: website menus: gradient vs. solid
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 19:51:01 -0400

Hi Graham,

These two images have the same top-level menu item selected.
Which is easier to see?
  http://lilypond.org/~graham/solid.png
  http://lilypond.org/~graham/gradients.png

Solid.

Please DO NOT complain that brown gradients doesn't fit the color
scheme; changing the colors (either of the gradients or the rest
of the page) is easy.

Regardless, you've likely skewed the poll results [which way, I don't know] by adding a colour-change as part of the difference! ;) For example, I don't know that a green gradient would be harder to see than a green solid... because I haven't been given the chance to compare them.

Cheers,
Kieren.